Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chirpy Birthday Card

Made this card for YT last week and managed to have it sent to her and reached her in time on her birthday.


If my friends didn't mentioned their preference, sometimes it's a headache for me to decide what card to do for them. Normally, I would just fall back to vintage style cos... I just have a weakness to buy vintage style papers. Hahaha.

For this card, I know I have to do a card with bright colours as I remembered she had clicked "like" on one of the colourful cards I have made for my friends last year and commented she likes the bright colours. Just coincidence that I have the new BoBunny Alora collection papers with me and I have something in mind on how to make a card from just one of their patterned paper.

So after lots of fussy cutting (The term originates from quilting where the definition is: To fussy cut is to target and cut a specific motif that's printed on fabric, rather than randomly cutting yardage as we normally do) , here's the end results.



I had stuck foam dots on the back of the branches, birdies and flowers to make them "3D". The paper cut-out where " Happy Birthday" is stamped is slotted in between the branches. I have cut out another three more flowers from "Alora Wish" paper and pasted them above "Happy Birthday" to cover the original flower design on the branch. Kind of "play cheat" to cover up, but the three flowers add more dimension to the lay out.


As for the background paper, it seems coordinated with the Bo Bunny Alora Squiggles paper but it is not from Bo Bunny! Oops ! It is from another manufacturer call DCWV. I had flipped high and low through my collection of paper and found this paper coordinate well with the cut-outs. Do you think so?

No comments: