Monday, March 19, 2012

My first Shutter Card--Music Theme

Ever experienced the feeling of wanting to do something but you kept on delaying it not because you are lazy to do but you are afraid to start off? Well, I have experienced that recently while thinking of creating a card for someone but in the end, I did managed to overcome my fear cos I have no choice as the person who I am intending to give is coming to Singapore soon.

I came across this idea of "shuttle card" from someone's blog while surfing the internet last year, and I managed to find a template for doing the card and had bookmarked it. However, I did not do the card immediately then as I was afraid I am not up to the challenge.

So, as the "D-day" is approaching, I have no choice but to force myself to start working on a card. After spending a few days looking the shuttle cards that others crafters had created, I rummaged my own stash of papers with musical scores prints and other music related embellishments and came up with this:




The pic at the bottom right corner shows how the card looks like when the card is closed up. Yes, obviously, this card is for someone who is in the music industry.

Supplies used:
* Green circular cutout from Best Creation Inc - A Walk in the Garden
* Music notes and instruments rub-ons & stickers -- given by Chile from Taiwan
* Brown & White patterned paper from DCVW's Collage Musing Stack
* My Mind's Eye: Follow Your Heart "Be Happy" Never Forget paper
* Bo Bunny 'S Et Cetera Symphony paper
* GCD Studio's Spring in Bloom, Butterfly Harmony Paper
* Prima Marketing Inc Almanac Collection "Libre" paper

Most importantly, if you are thinking of taking up the challenge to do a shuttle card of your own, here is the link where I got the measurements for creating the shuttle card: http://gabriellepollacco.blogspot.com/2011/11/bo-bunny-scor-buddy.html


Enjoy!

No comments: