Thursday, January 17, 2013

My 2012


I seldom get too personal when it come to blogging now  (well , on this blog I mean, not the one I have abandoned years ago). However after seeing  Cruz Teng’s  blog post, I am inspired to do one too, so that years later, when I revisited this post, at least I will have some recollections on what happened in 2012, be it in term of current affairs and personal affairs. Haha.

Warning:  This post is gonna be lengthy and full of grammatical errors, and is written in a mixture of English and Chinese.


What I remembered for 2012:

·         The duke and duchess of Cambridge came to Singapore. Think Queenstown, Gardens by the Bay, Raoul dress and speculated baby bump.

·         Obama‘s tweet  “ Four more years” was quoted by many.

·         In Aug, there was the biggest rumour in Singapore. I had friends, family who told me and the speculations that “ 老李” had passed away and the whole government is keeping this a secret as National Day was approached. Despite showing my parents about another pic which was sent through Whatsapp on a healthy looking  ex-Ministor Mentor  walking unaided out of SGH, they rather believe the rumours that was going around in coffee shops  (all over Singapore I presume). 

·         More people are interested to watch the NDP this year, specially the “segment” where all the members of parliament were invited to their seats.  From the cheers that were heard, and the sentiments echoed in social media platform , I guessed  he is still loved by many. At Four more years too?

·         It’s been a year of lusting husbands and lasting wives, be in for Singapore or overseas. Singapore, that is considered to be conservative, was rocked by a wave of sex scandals.  Haiz.

·         Diva Whitney Houston, Feng Feifei said goodbye.  I realized that I can actually sing-along more to the songs by Feng Feifei than Whitney Houston. Blame my parents for listening to her songs when I was young. LOL.

·         Superheros ruled the cinema screens – Avengers, Superman, Batman.  I was causing a lot of “distress “to my colleagues and friends around me by asking them a  欠扁问答题  that goes “ Why super heros’ costumes are so tight fitting? “.
Ans  :  
因为救人要紧

One said I hit a new low with this cold joke…..  *Crows flying*

·         21 Dec 2012 was deemed to be last day on earth..  Crap…..I know I will be still alive commenting about this.

·         If you think Macarena dance craze last decade was bad,  Psy proved that he can outdo it with his Gangnam Style  house-galloping moves.


2012 to me on a personal level:
  • - started off the year at countdown event in Taipei, watching fireworks  firing from Taipei 101
  • -started a new blog ( this blog) on 21 Feb , mainly to share more abt my art creations.  Sort of give it up in May as I could not catch up with the number of creations I have came up with.
  • - made more than 20  Name signages, created 3 mini albums , 2 frame projects ,1 layout  and more than 100 cards for friends.
  • - missed 大师兄 performance but managed to see him in person.Was so touched by his actions when I was in a stoned mode due to lack of sleep.



「步步惊心」里的众爷们, 你喜欢那一位?

  • -- I seldom watched drama serials online but after seeing the trailer of 「步步惊心」in Taiwan , I was so hooked on it that I completed watching the whole serial 2 weeks before it end its run in Singapore . For some episodes, I watched twice.
  • 很多朋友也迷上「步步惊心」。我常开玩笑,说我的另一伴要像四爷那么man, 那么大方(就像他不计较若曦跟其他哥儿门在一起)。最喜欢四爷会说实话。


  • Draw Something became the popular app in the earlier part of 2012, though it's popularity decline soon after it was bought over . 爱搞怪的我,尽量找机会把「步步惊心」的人物画进去。
  • - also caught a bit of the drama serial 「犀利人妻」。谢安真的那句"不要怕!"留下了深刻的印象。
  • -- movies I have watched in 2012 included Men in Black III, The Lucky One , Dark Knight Rises, 犀利人妻 and Les Miserables.
  • - checked out new cafes like Full House, Kith cafe, Nana's Green Tea.
  • -- held my first ever birthday party in McDonalds. The service there sucks but my friends are so sporty to came in school uniform.  那个月苦练的手语歌,「爱」,如今我都忘记好多手语动作。
  • -- sported bangs for a while . The last time I was in bangs was more than 15 years ago?
  • -- as what the tarot card reader predicted, I will change job before my birthday . Had never made so many trips to hotels ( for training ) prior to the current job. Had 4 meals at Sheraton,1 at Marriot and one at hotel intercontinental  for the last 3 months in 2012.

D&D --Hawaii Nite

  • --  Attended  the new company's D&D,  My attempt to keep a low profile at the company D&D failed . Was practically up on the stage every 30mins. My first experience in giving out prizes at a formal event cos there is only one HR exec . Ha!
  • -- organised a team building event  for the company. 
  • -- had my first taste of the original Singapore Sling.
  • -- caught the Harry Porter exhibition at Art & Science Museum. Disappointing . Heng I dun need to pay a single cent as it was the prev company's family day event.



me trying to take artistic shots at Gardens by the Bay
  • visited Gardens by the Bay . Perhaps visiting it on 中秋节makes it more special too.
  • tried out ice skating again at the new Jcube mall .
  • attended 2 weddings ( gor's and KL's) and a ROM (siping's) in the year of dragon 
  •  find it funny that the post on my relationship status has the most "like " , compare to my other personal posts on Facebook . 
  •    said goodbye to my PO Box of 11 years.
  • songs that I like includes: 会过去的,三寸天堂, 花又开好了, 不具名的悲伤,失恋事小,明明就。





  • Received my 20th polar bear plushy--Chalky
  • Ended 2012 watching fireworks at Marina Bay.


So that's my 2012, what about yours?

No comments: